"Rediscover nature‘s role through the ages by exploring Cloudland Canyon State Park’s water-carved canyons and caves surrounded by the breathtaking views and rugged geology of the Cumberland Plateau."
Located on the western edge of Lookout Mountain, Cloudland Canyon is one of the largest and most scenic parks in the state. Home to thousand-foot deep canyons, sandstone cliffs, wild caves, waterfalls, cascading creeks, dense woodland and abundant wildlife, the park offers ample outdoor recreation opportunities.
Hiking and mountain biking trails abound. The most popular hiking paths include the short Overlook Trail, strenuous Waterfalls Trail and moderate West Rim Loop Trail. Mountain biking is available at the newly developed Five Points Recreation Area and along the Cloudland Connector Trail. The park also includes an 18-hole disc golf course, wild caves available for touring during select months of the year, a fishing pond, trails for horseback riding, picnicking grounds and numerous interpretive programs, especially on weekends.
Guests seeking an overnight experience can choose from fully-equipped and comfortable cottages, quirky yurts or several different types of camping and backpacking options. Come enjoy the great outdoors at Cloudland Canyon State Park.
G3 Adventures is a local guide service that offers hikes and family friendly cave tours. The park’s caving trips are perfect for groups and adventure seekers who want to get muddy, wet and experience a wild cave. Different tours are offered throughout the year. Reservations are required through G3Adventures.com.
Reservations, Accommodations & Facilities
- 3,488 Acres
- 16 Cottages
- 10 Yurts
- 72 Tent, Trailer & RV Campsites
- 30 Walk-In Campsites
- 11 Backcountry Campsites
- 4 Pioneer Campsites
- 6 Picnic Shelters
- 1 Group Shelter (seats 175)
- 1 Group Lodge (sleeps 40)
- Gift Shop/Camper Store
Things To Do & See
- Biking — 30 miles of trails
- Canyon Climbers Club
- Caving — experienced wild cavers only, caves open April, June–July & September–October, permits & reservations required
- Disc Golf ($4/person/round) — annual pass available
- Hiking — 64 miles of trails
- Horseback Riding — 16 miles of trails
- Weddings — park approval required
- Wild Cave Tours & Guided Hikes with G3 Adventures
- Bike Rentals ($35 half-day/$55 entire day)
- Blue Ridge Mountains
- Calhoun/Gordon County, GA
- Canyon Ridge Golf Club
- Chattanooga, TN
- Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park
- Chief Vann House State Historic Site
- Dalton, GA
- Gilmer County, GA
- Incline Railway
- James H. "Sloppy" Floyd State Park
- Lookout Mountain Hang Gliding
- New Echota State Historic Site
- Resaca Battlefield
- Rock City
- Rome, GA
- Ruby Falls
- Tennessee Aquarium
Annual Photo Contest
Visit Cloudland Canyon State Park throughout the year and submit your best photos as outlined below. You may be the next photo contest winner!
The 2018 contest is now open. Please start submitting your entries.
We will post the top 5 2018 photos to the Facebook page in January 2019 for viewers to vote and announce the winners in March of 2019.
- Contestants must submit their photographs digitally as 300 DPI, jpg or pdf files.
- Photos are to be sent to: Joseph.Hughes@dnr.ga.gov and must include your name and phone number.
- When saving your digital picture please save it as your last name and first initial. For multiple entries, include numbers 1 through 5 followed by your first initial. Example: jsmith2.jpg.
- Photo Release: by submitting photos to this contest, the photographer is giving non-exclusive usage rights to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources and Cloudland Canyon State Park as stated below.
- Minor digital enhancement for cropping, red-eye removal, filters and corrective functions are permitted, but images to be judged are not to be altered in any significant manner or they will be disqualified. Contestants are not permitted to place borders, frames or backgrounds around their images nor place watermarks, dates, signatures or copyright images onto photos.
- Photographs must be high resolution, 300 DPI digital, taken at 1024x768 (or higher) pixels or highest resolution possible. Must be jpg or pdf files only.
- Photographs must have been taken at Cloudland Canyon State Park.
- Photographs can include people and/or wildlife.
- If photographs contain recognizable people, your entry must include written permission (from all people in the photograph) for both you and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources to use the photo as stated below.
By submitting photographs, contestants give the Georgia Department of Natural Resources and Cloudland Canyon State Park non-exclusive rights including but not limited to advertising, websites, promotions, publications, media relations and commercial resale use. Photo credit and compensation will not be granted. Contestants retain their own usage rights.
Park 7 a.m.–10 p.m.
Office 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday–Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Open weekdays seasonally as staffing allows & visitation dictates.
Fees & Passes
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
122 Cloudland Canyon Park Road
Rising Fawn, GA 30738
N 34.8402630 | W -85.4828810