Check Last Minute Availability
"Winter Cabin Getaway" (January 1 - Febuary 28, 2014)
Conveniently located near I-75 in middle Georgia, Indian Springs is one of the oldest state parks in the United States and a popular spot for outdoor recreation. For centuries, Creek Indians collected the spring water for its healing qualities, and during the 1800s, the area was a bustling resort town. Today, visitors can still sample the spring water flowing inside the stone Spring House built by the Civilian Conservation Corps during the Great Depression.
Park guests can enjoy wading in Sandy Creek or swimming in McIntosh Lake, named for Creek Chief William McIntosh who signed an illegal treaty deeding Indian land to Georgia in 1825. A small museum, open seasonally, highlights Creek Indians, the resort era and CCC history. Cottages and campsites may be reserved for overnight stays.
Indian Springs State Park Business Plan
Park Hours: 7AM-10PM
Office Hours: 8AM-5PM
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
ACCOMMODATIONS & FACILITIES:
• 528 Acres
• 10 Cottages ($120-$130) -- #2 and #6 are dog friendly ($45 per dog, max 2)
• 60 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites ($25-$29)
• 105-Acre Lake and Swimming Beach (seasonal)
• 7 Picnic Shelters ($55)
• Group Shelter (seats 130, $300)
• Stone Pavilion (seats 130, $300) -- must call park
• Group Camp (sleeps 130, $585)
Dining Hall only ($255 -- must call park)
• Pioneer Campground ($45)
• Museum (seasonal, limited hours)
THINGS TO DO & SEE:
• Boating – ramp, private boats allowed, 10 HP limit
• Fishing Boat Rental
• Lake Swimming and Creek Wading
• Walking - 3/4-mile nature trail
• Hiking and Biking - 3.25-mile multi-purpose trail, links to Dauset Trail.
• Miniature Golf (fee)
• Weddings (park approval required)
Georgia Council on American Indian Concerns
Frist Day Hike at Indian Springs|
Wednesday, Jan 1, 2014 11 AM to 1 PM
|Get back to nature for the new year with a guided tour through our beautiful park. Wear comfortable shoes, appropriate clothes and bring water. All ages welcome. $5 parking. 770-504-2277.|