Check Last Minute Availability
The newly renovated lake pavilion is available to rent.
Cabins 11-20 have been renovated and are available for rent.
All cabins now have flat-screen TVs and free Wi-Fi.
Boat rentals are closed for the season.
One of Georgia’s oldest and most beloved state parks, Vogel is located at the base of Blood Mountain in the Chattahoochee National Forest. Driving from the south, visitors pass through Neel Gap, a beautiful mountain pass near Brasstown Bald, the highest point in Georgia. Vogel is particularly popular during the fall when the Blue Ridge Mountains transform into a rolling blanket of red, yellow and gold leaves. Hikers can choose from a variety of trails, including the popular 4-mile Bear Hair Gap loop, an easy lake loop that leads to Trahlyta Falls, and the challenging 13-mile Coosa Backcountry Trail.
Cottages, campsites and primitive backpacking sites provide a range of overnight accommodations. The park’s 22-acre lake is open to non-motorized boats, and during summer, visitors can cool off at the mountain-view beach. This park is rich in history, with many facilities being constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corp during our nation’s Great Depression. The “CCC Boys” story is told in the park’s museum.
Vogel State Park Business Plan
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
ACCOMMODATIONS & FACILITIES:
• 233 Acres
• 35 Cottages ($100–$185) - #5, #6 and #30 are dog friendly ($45 per dog, max 2); all have flat-screen TVs, cable and wi-fi.
• 103 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites ($27-$30) -- some sections close during winter
• 18 Walk-in Campsites ($20)
• Pioneer Campground ($50)
• 22-Acre Lake with Beach
• 4 Picnic Shelters ($55)
• Group Shelter (seats 75, $175)
• Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Museum (seasonal)
• General Store
THINGS TO DO & SEE:
• Hiking and Backpacking – 17 miles of trails, Appalachian Trail nearby
• Lake Swimming (seasonal)
• Pedal Boat and Kayak Rental (seasonal)
• Miniature Golf (fee)
• Bike Rental (seasonal)
• Weddings (park approval required)
Visit our Gift Shop!
While visiting the park, be sure stop in at our Visitor Center gift shop. You'll find gifts, books, apparel, toys for children, and much more to please nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. Open daily between 8AM to 5PM, located inside the Visitor Center.