Land & Water Conservation . . .
back to Grants Administration
Land and Water Conservation Fund
The 2015 grant cycle begins October 1, 2015.
This year trail related projects will be excluded from funding.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for funding under the Recreational Trails Program (RTP). Click here for more information related to RTP.
An acceptable LWCF application will be postmarked by November 30, 2015, and consist of an original and one copy of the following:
1. A completed pre-application form
2. A supported scoring criteria
3. An adopted resolution
4. A cost estimate
5. Maps (location, site plan, etc.)
2015 Pre-Application Information:
Announcement Memo from Director Becky Kelley
Pre-Application Form (6 pages) -
Scoring Criteria (12 pages)
Resolution (Appendix A)
Frequently Asked Questions
Grant Cycle Timeline
October 1, 2015
- Funding cycle for 2015 LWCF grants is announced to all municipalities, counties, parks and recreation departments, and Regional Commissions.
November 30, 2015
- Pre-applications are due to the Grants Administration Unit. Review of applications begin.
December 2015 – January 2016
- Pre-applications are reviewed for priority rankings based on evaluation criteria, recommendations are made to the State Liaison Officer and the Department of Natural Resources Board.
- Respective local governments receiving the highest ranking scores are notified to submit formal applications. State clearinghouse and Historic Preservation reviews begin. Site inspections completed.
- Formal applications due to Grants Administration Unit. Applicant notified if additional documents are needed to complete the formal application process.
- Deadline for all formal applications to be submitted to the National Park Service for review and commitment of the federal funds.
- Deadline for NPS to formally approve funding.
Mailing address: 2600 Hwy 155 SW; Stockbridge, Georgia 30281
© 2016 - Georgia Department of Natural Resources