Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites
ZIP SEARCH:  go  
 

Built by South Carolina colonists in 1721, Fort King George was the southern most fortification defending the British empire in North America. Though it only lasted six short years until 1727, the fort served a monumental role toward the later establishment of Georgia.

Today, Fort King George Historic Site, operated by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources Parks and Historic Sites division, hosts several thousand visitors a year. Our award winning programs are aimed to teach visitors about this monumental structure and how Georgia came to exist as the thirteenth British colony in North America.


 

 
302 McIntosh Rd SE, Darien, Georgia 31305
Phone: 912-437-4770 | Fax: 912-437-5479 | Email: FortKingGeorgeSHS@dnr.ga.gov
Owned and operated by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources


 
Free Mobile App! eNews GeorgiaAmerica's State Parks