NOVEMBER 14–16 CLOSURE: Mistletoe State Park will be closed for a quota deer hunt, 11/14–11/16. ALL day-use and overnight facilities, including biking and hiking trails, will be closed for these three days. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation with the closure. The visitor center will remain open to answer phone calls, but only hunters selected for this hunt will be allowed on the park. The park property will reopen at 7 a.m. November 17, 2016.
"Discover the best bass fishing in the area and water sports on Georgia’s largest reservoir or, relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature on the forested trails, winding creeks and scenic shoreline of Mistletoe State Park."
Located on 71,100-acre Clarks Hill Lake near Augusta, this park is known as one of the finest bass fishing spots in the nation. Boat ramps provide easy access to one of the Southeast’s largest lakes. During the summer, guests can cool off at the sandy beach or on miles of shaded nature trails. Many programs are hosted throughout the year, such as astronomy programs, concerts and nature walks. Bike riders who explore this park can join the Muddy Spokes Club.
Mistletoe State Park has 10 fully equipped cottages on the lake, five of which are log cabins. The campground is situated on a peninsula, offering spectacular views of both sunset and sunrise over the open water. A four-bed tent cabin with electricity and water faces the lake. Overnight guests may rent canoes to explore the large lake.
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
7 a.m.–10 p.m.
8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Accommodations & Facilities:
• 1,920 Acres
• 72,000-Acre Lake
• 11 Cottages ($150–$165, excluding Masters Week) — #1, #10, & Fisherman's Cottage are dog friendly ($45/dog, max 2)
• Tent Cabin (sleeps 4, $55)
• 93 Campsites ($27–$32) — some sites seasonal
• 4 Walk-In Campsites ($15)
• 3 Backcountry Campsites ($10)
• Pioneer Campground ($75)
• 4 Picnic Shelters ($35) — call park to reserve #5
• 2 Group Shelters (seats 150, $75–$155)
• Beach House (seats 75, $95–$250)
• 3 Boat Ramps
• Sand Beach — seasonal
Available in the park office
Things To Do & See:
• Canoe Rental — overnight guests only; seasonal
• Swimming — seasonal
• Hiking & Biking — 15.5 miles of trails
• Birthday Parties
• Weddings — park approval required
• A.H. Stephens State Park
• Augusta, Georgia
• Aonia Pass Motocross Park
• Clarks Hill Dam
• Georgia's Classic South
• Elijah Clark State Park
• Fort Gordon Military Base
• Hickory Hill
• Lady Antebellum Theater
• Robert Toombs House Historic Site
• Washington, Georgia
School Programs at Mistletoe