Robert Toombs Historic Site Educational Programs
Reservations must be made for these programs.
Examples of Theme Tours:
1) Robert Augustus Toombs Tour for 3rd Grade Tour - activities for 3rd Grade may include Period Games and hand crafts.
2) A day in the life of a Victorian Child. 2nd–3rd Grade
3) Role play of General Toombs’ escape from federal troops in 1865. 4-8th Grade
4) “Treasure Hunting “ for artifacts. 4th Grade
5) A Victorian Child’s Christmas “T’was the Night Before Christmas”. 2nd-3rd Grade
6) Puppet Tour K. 1st Grade
On the first Sunday in the months of February, May, August, and November an historical
program is presented, which focuses on local, state and regional, history and culture.
4th Grade Archaeology Programs:
Programs are Ongoing: Wed. & Thurs., 10am until 2pm.
Months: April, May, September, October
Description: Tour of house and mock dig
Limit: 30 per session; reservations two weeks in advance
Comments: Allow 2 house; picnic tables available.
© 2014 - Georgia Department of Natural Resources