New Floating Dock
Check out our brand new floating boat dock next visit
"Set your own pace with the rise and the fall of tides shaping Crooked River State Park, connecting generations with forests, scenic marsh views and abundant coastal wildlife."
Located on southern tip of Georgia’s Colonial Coast, this park is the perfect spot for enjoying the Intracoastal Waterway and maritime forest. Campsites are surrounded by palmettos and Spanish moss-draped oaks, while cottages are set near the tidal river. A boat ramp is popular with anglers who often take to the water before sunrise. Just down the road is the ferry to famous Cumberland Island National Seashore known for secluded beaches and wild horses.
The park’s nature trail winds through forest and salt marsh, and hikers may see gopher tortoises, fiddler crabs, herons and other birds. A nature center features fish, snakes, turtles and other animals native to coastal Georgia. Visitors may venture to the nearby ruins of a tabby mill, built around 1825 and later used as a starch factory during the Civil War.
Reservations, Accommodations & Facilities
- 500 Acres
- North Star Bait & Tackle Shop
- 11 Cottages
- 64 Tent, Trailer & RV Campsites
- 1 Pioneer Campground
- 4 Picnic Shelters
- 2 Group Shelters (seats 80 & 135)
- Boat Ramp & Dock
- Nature Center
- Wi-Fi — available in park office
- Birding — Colonial Coast Birding Trail
- Boating — private boats permitted
- Guided Kayak Trips
- Hiking — 4 miles of trails
- Miniature Golf (fee)
- Park Paddlers Club
- Boat Tours
- Weddings — park approval required
- Bike Rental
- Boat Rental
- Cumberland Island National Seashore
- Fernandina Beach, FL
- Florida State Parks
- Golden Isles of Georgia
- Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation State Historic Site
- Jekyll Island
- Laura S. Walker State Park & Golf Course
- Okefenokee Swamp National Wildlife Refuge
- Submarine Museum
- Altama Plantation
- Paulk's Pasture WMA
In The News
Park 7 a.m.–10 p.m.
Sunday–Thursday 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
Friday–Saturday 8 a.m.–10 p.m.
Fees & Passes
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
6222 Charlie Smith Senior Highway
St. Marys, GA 31558
N 30.8422056 | W -81.5524702