Come explore one of Georgia’s seven natural wonders through a variety of private programs offered at the park. Located deep within the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge, Stephen C. Foster State Park provides access to some of the most scenic sections of the swamp. Listen for the barred owl hooting deep within the forest, follow in the footsteps of Native Americans, pioneers and loggers on Billy’s Island and watch for alligators as you float along in your boat. Programs are dependent on the water level and staff availability. Thank you for considering Stephen C. Foster State Park.
We offer a variety of options for organized groups to experience the Okefenokee Swamp.
- 45-minute or 1.5 hour tours for school groups / $8 per student
- 1.5 hour tours for groups less than 21 people. / $15 12 & up, $10 12-6, FREE 5 & under
- Sunset / Night Tours are subject to staff availability / $25 13 & up, $20 12-6, FREE 5 & under
- All tour offerings can be booked up to 6 months in advance and are nonrefundable.
We offer advanced swamp tours by canoe and kayak. These programs are subject to staff availability. / $25 per person
- General Swamp Info Hike- Not excited by the idea of cruising on the water with the gators? Learn all about the swamp on foot.
- Herpetology Hike (available from late Spring through early Fall)- Explore the reptiles of the swamp on our nature trails.
- Useful Plants Hike- Explore the useful aspects of native plants and trees.
- Night Hikes- Experience the swamp come alive at night by identifying the different sounds made by wildlife along our nature trails.
Boy Scout Merit Badges
Programs for Boy Scouts can cover a variety of swamp related topics. Taking the merit badge program does not guarantee badge requirements. Topic examples:
- Bird Study
For any questions, visit the Park Office or call us at 912.637.5274.