Nestled in the rolling hills of Georgia’s upper Piedmont, this is one of northern Georgia’s best kept secrets. A beautiful stream flows through the park, providing the perfect setting for an after-picnic stroll. Hikers can follow either the short nature trail or the longer perimeter trail that travels through hardwoods and crosses creeks. Animal lovers should keep an eye out for wildlife while passing food plots along the perimeter trail. Two small ponds are open for public fishing, and a swimming pool is open during summer. Campers can stay overnight in the small, comfortable campground.
Golfers will enjoy the park’s superbly-conditioned Highland Walk Golf Course with full amenities and reasonable rates. Memberships, golf packages, and tournament pricing are available. The course is built on steep, rolling hills with broad, crowned Bermuda fairways leading to generous, sloping Bermuda greens. The course’s Bluebird Cottage is available for overnight golf packages.
Reservations, Accommodations & Facilities
- 502 Acres
- 1 Bluebird Cottage
- 22 Tent, Trailer & RV Campsites
- 1 Tent/RV Combo Campsite
- 8 Platform Walk-In Campsites
- 2 Pioneer Campgrounds (sleeps 75)
- 5 Picnic Shelters
- 2 Ponds
- Highland Walk Golf Course & Pro Shop
- Visitor Center
- 3 Playgrounds
- Swimming Pool — seasonal, evening pool party rental
Things To Do & See
- Boating — private boats permitted, electric motors only, no boat ramp
- Group Hayrides — reservations required
- Hiking — 8 miles of trails
- Muddy Spokes Club
- School Programs — reservations required
- Swimming (fee) — annual pass available
- Weddings — park approval required
- Bike Rental
Park 7 a.m.–Dark
Office 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fees & Passes
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
Golf Course 706-245-6770
1105 Bryant Park Road
Royston, GA 30662
N 34.296750 | W -083.160716