Take aim! State parks have two types of ranges:
- traditional static ranges where archers shoot into “bow butt” targets in free-standing sheds
- realistic targets (deer, turkey, etc.) on several lanes
Ranges can be found at:
- Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge
- Elijah Clark State Park
- General Coffee State Park
- Panola Mountain State Park
- Red Top Mountain State Park
- Smithgall Woods State Park
- Tallulah Gorge State Park
- Unicoi State Park & Lodge
- Victoria Bryant State Park
Some parks offer occasional archery events.
There is a fee for using the archery ranges which supports their maintenance (Tallulah Gorge has a no-fee range). Archers should bring their own equipment. These are good for individuals looking to perfect their target skills, bow hunters or school athletic programs and youth groups looking for an engaging outdoor experience.