Located near historic Savannah, this park borders Skidaway narrows, a part of Georgia’s Intracoastal Waterway. Trails wind through maritime forest and past salt marsh, leading to a boardwalk and observation tower. Visitors can watch for deer, fiddler crabs, raccoon, egrets and other wildlife. Inside the park’s interpretive center, birders will find binoculars, reference books and a window where they can look for migrating species such as Painted Buntings. Children will especially enjoy seeing the towering, 20-foot giant ground sloth replica and reptile room.
A scenic campground is nestled under live oaks and Spanish moss, and some RV sites have sewer hookups. Leashed pets are allowed. Groups can enjoy privacy in their own pioneer campgrounds. Open-air picnic shelters and an enclosed group shelter are popular spots for parties, reunions and other celebrations. For cooling off during summer, Tybee Island's beaches are less than an hour away.
The park’s camper cabins offer screened porches, air conditioning, a bathroom with shower, kitchen, master bedroom and kids’ sleeping loft. Guests bring their own linens, towels, dishes and cooking utensils. Outside, visitors will find a picnic table, grill and fire ring. Pets are not allowed in camper cabins but are allowed in campsites.
Reservations, Accommodations & Facilities
- 588 Acres
- 3 Camper Cabins
- 87 Tent, Trailer & RV Campsites
- 3 Pioneer Campgrounds — groups of 10+ only
- 5 Picnic Shelters
- 1 Group Shelter (seats 150)
- Interpretive Center
- 3 Playgrounds
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment
- Volleyball Court
- Wi-Fi — available in the park office
- Birding — Colonial Coast Birding Trail
- Birthday Parties
- Hiking — 6 miles of trails
- Interpretive Programs
- Weddings — park approval required
- Bicycle & Street Strider Rentals
- Fort McAllister State Park
- Fort Morris State Historic Site
- Golden Isles of Georgia
- Savannah, GA
- Richmond Hill, GA
- UGA Marine Education Center & Aquarium
- Tybee Island
- Wormsloe State Historic Site
Park Hours 7 a.m.–10 p.m.
Office Hours 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
Fees & Passes
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
52 Diamond Causeway
Savannah, GA 31411
N 31.9493100 | W -81.053710