Forms & Documents
On April 13, 2018, the National Park Service (NPS) released guidelines for a nation-wide grant program called the “Outdoor Recreation Legacy Partnership Program”. The urban-focused program is for projects that will create or reinvigorate parks and other outdoor recreation spaces in ways that will encourage people to connect or re-connect with the outdoors. Priority will be given to projects that will:
- Directly connect people to outdoor places in communities that are underserved;
- Create short-term and or permanent jobs and or help stimulate economic development;
- Create, engage and empower members of the affected community;
- Involve and expand public-private partnerships; and
- Rely on a high degree of coordination among the public, multiple levels of government and the private sector to improve recreation opportunities.
As the lead agency for Land and Water Conservation Fund, the application process will begin with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR). Applications will be accepted by our office through the close of business on July 20, 2018 (4:00 pm). Submissions will be evaluated by DNR staff and the top three will be forwarded to NPS to compete in the national competition. Between 25-35 proposals are expected to be awarded by NPS. If your project is selected at the national level, additional information will be required.
A total of $13.3 million is available for the entire nationwide competition. Each state is limited to submitting a maximum of three applications.
Please note: This program is a completely separate application process from our Land and Water Conservation Fund grant program.
|Eligible Projects:||Acquisition and/or development of public parkland|
|Available Funds:||$13.3 million available nation-wide|
|Grant Amount:||Applicants can request between $250,000 and $750,000|
|Required Match:||Grants require a minimum of 1:1 match from state, local, or private sources|
|Application Deadline:||4:00 pm, July 20, 2018|
|Ga Selection Date:||August 31, 2018|
|National Selection Date:||March 1, 2019|
|Copies Needed||Original and 1 copy|
Mailing address: 2600 Hwy 155 SW
Stockbridge, Georgia 30281
A full application will include:
- Cover letter from project sponsor;
- Application form;
- Narrative information (10 page max) as described and defined in the Department of Interior’s Notice of funding opportunity;
- Budget narrative (5 page max) as described and defined in the Department of Interior’s Notice of funding opportunity; and
- Location and Site Maps
July 20 - Applications due to DNR
August 1-15 - Applications scored by DNR staff
August 31 - Top 3 finalist for Georgia announced
March - National selection announced by National Park Service
Please direct questions to 770-389-7286.