Check Last Minute Availability
Winter Camping Specials (expires 1/31/14)
Winter Golf Promotions & Cottage Specials
State Employee Discount at The Lakes (expires 2/28/14)
"Golf Package" at The Lakes
Located near the northern edge of the mysterious Okefenokee Swamp, this park is home to many fascinating creatures and plants, including alligators and carnivorous pitcher plants. Walking or biking along the lake’s edge and nature trail, visitors may spot the shy gopher tortoise, numerous oak varieties, saw palmettos, yellow shafted flickers, warblers, owls and great blue herons. The park’s lake offers opportunities for fishing, swimming and boating, and canoes and bicycles are available for rent. The Lakes, a championship 18-hole golf course, features a clubhouse, golf pro and junior/senior rates. Greens are undulating rather than tiered. Each fairway and landing area is defined with gentle, links-style mounds that accent the course’s three large lakes. The park’s namesake was a Georgia writer, teacher, civic leader and naturalist who loved trees and worked for their preservation.
Laura S. Walker State Park Business Plan
Park Hours: 7AM-10PM
Office Hours: 8AM-5PM
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
Free wi-fi service is available at the Visitor Center.
ACCOMMODATIONS & FACILITIES:
• 626 Acres
• 44 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites ($25-$27)
• 7 Picnic Shelters ($35)
• 4 Group Shelters (seat 75–165, $85–$170)
• Group Camp (sleeps 142, $450)
• Pioneer Campground ($30)
• 120-Acre Lake
• The Lakes Golf Course & Pro Shop (18-Holes) ($31-$38.50)
• The Lakes Grille at The Lakes Golf Course
• Boating and Waterskiing -- 10 HP restriction except between 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. EST and 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Daylight Savings Time
• Single, Tandem, & Fishing Kayak Rentals
• Lake Swimming
• Hiking and Biking – nearly 4 miles of nature trails, wildlife observation platform
• Weddings (park approval required)
• Camping & Golf Packages are now available at the park's 18-hole The Lakes Golf Course. Call 1-877-591-5578 or click here for more information.
Laura S. Walker First Day Hike|
Wednesday, Jan 1, 2014 10 AM
|Come join us for a 1.3 mile ranger-led nature hike along our beautiful Big Creek Nature Trail. We will see and discuss flora and fauna that are native to our area while getting fit for the New Year. $5 parking. 912-287-4900.|