There are 21 miles of horse-riding trails (fee required) and 4 miles of hiking trails at A.H. Stephens State Park.
A Georgia ParkPass is required to be displayed on all vehicles in the park. Visitors may purchase a daily pass or an annual pass at the park office.
- Red Horse Trail (3.5 miles)
- White Horse Trail (6 miles)
- Blue Horse Trail (8 miles)
- Orange Horse Trail (3.5 miles)
Horse Trail Policies
- All riders must sign a release of liability form prior to riding.
- A negative coggins test must be presented to the park office for each horse brought onto the park.
- Horses must be brought onto the park in a trailer and cannot be unloaded except at the staging areas.
- Riding of horses is confined to designated and marked horse trails. No riding on roadways, pedestrian trails or powerline right of ways.
- The horse trail camping area is limited to those campers who confirm a site with the park office prior to setting up. A fee of $32 per RV/tent site is required per night.
- Trail riding fees of $10 per day or an Equestrian Trail Pass are required and can be purchased from the park office.
- Never ride or hike alone
- Advise someone of your itinerary
- Drink plenty of water
- Carry a first aid kit
- Wear orange during hunting season
- Do not ride the power line easements
For any questions, visit the Visitor Center or call us at 706.456.2602.