Some Georgia State Parks welcome horseback riders, offering miles of horseback riding trails, equestrian campsites, horse stalls or riding rings. Guided rides are available at F.D. Roosevelt State Park. Most horseback riding trails are loop rides with links to other trails, allowing you to customize your adventure. A.H. Stephens, Cloudland Canyon, F.D. Roosevelt, Fort Mountain, General Coffee, Hard Labor Creek, Don Carter and Watson Mill Bridge offer horseback riding trails.
AVAILABLE NOW - Equestrian Trail Pass
This pass allows the holder to ride without a trail fee at the below parks for a year.
Purchase Equestrian Trail Pass
Terms and Conditions
- Pass valid only for pass holder.
- Pass not valid with other offers.
- Pass expires 1 year from date of purchase.
- Valid at A.H. Stephens, Cloudland Canyon, General Coffee, Hard Labor Creek, Don Carter, and Watson Mill Bridge.
- Not valid at F.D. Roosevelt and Fort Mountain.
- This trail pass does not include daily parking fees.
Rules of Stables & Equestrian Trails
- Present a negative equine infectious anemia test for each horse. (Please note that if riding at Watson Mill Bridge, riders must be in possession of a current negative coggins test, ready for inspection for each horse being ridden)
- Ride only during daylight, between dawn and sunset.
- Do not ride on roadways or any other area that is not clearly identified for equestrians.
- Do not ride in a fast or reckless manner.
- Attend horses at all times.
- Ride no more than 2 abreast on trails.
- Do not graze horses.
- Camp only in the designated campground.
- Do not ride horses into the campground.
- Do not picnic in the campground.
- Do not stable horses using a tie-line or temporary corral.
- Do not put more than one horse in each stall.
- Dogs must be leashed and attended at all times.
- Only registered overnight park visitors may stable horses.
- Return stall key(s) to the park office by 1 p.m. on the day of departure.
- Remove soiled bedding from stall(s) prior to departing.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages in day-use areas.
- No smoking in the stable area.