Park Reservations 800-864-7275
Hours may vary according to season. Open daily except Christmas Day.
Park 7 a.m.–10 p.m.
Elberton, GA 30635
Annual Passes Available
Designed back in 2001 this Bob Walker designed masterpiece is nestled in the Northeast Georgia mountains. Located on Richard B. Russell State Park you don’t need to worry about any cars, houses, planes or other distractions. This championship 18-hole golf course is located inside the Georgia state park, with 10 of the 18 holes skirting the shoreline of Lake Richard B. Russell. While much of the water does not come in to play it can assure you both a challenge and some of the best views in the state. The elevation changes, doglegs and well placed bunkers will demand that you use every club in your bag. Our Tifeagle Bermuda greens may not look intimidating but the subtle breaks will make sure you are on your game to score.
Our newly renovated café and golf shop will be able to accommodate all of your off the course needs. With a variety of vendors including Titleist, Adidas, Ahead, Puma and Ashworth you will be sure to find something you can’t live without.
Our café offers a wide variety of made to order items including our local favorite “Bird Dog”. If you are bringing a bigger group, then don’t forget to reserve our Banquet Room for a little privacy to settle all bets and enjoy a home cooked buffet.
Golfers' Choice 2021: Best golf courses in Georgia
16th of 207: Arrowhead Pointe
The GOLFPASS annual Golfers' Choice lists compiled by the Golf Advisor community are created by analyzing ratings and reviews from members of the review community throughout the year. Arrowhead Pointe scored 16th out of 207 golf courses reviewed in Georgia.
- Holes: 18
- Yards: 6,800
- Course Rates
Weekday Weekend Rack Rate $43 $49 Twilight
$39 $43 Senior
62 & older
$38 N/A Junior
17 & under
$23 $23 9-Hole $28 $31 9-Hole Junior $18 $18 Replay 18 $23 $23 Replay 9 $16 $16
All rates will be plus tax. Tax is not absorbed within the published rates.
- All rates include a cart fee of $22.00 for 18 holes and $15.00 for 9 holes.
- Junior rate is in effect Weekdays and Weekends.
- No walking rounds on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Holidays until after 1:00 p.m.
- No 9 hole rounds on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or Holidays until after 1:00 p.m.
- All Special Rates and Golf Access Cards include cart fee. No walking allowed.
- All rates include park pass.
- Membership Options
Whether you have been golfing your entire life, or have just begun to appreciate the game, Arrowhead Pointe Memberships offers a membership option that suits you. Our challenging course and friendly staff ensures our members will enjoy bringing guests out for a drink, as well as perfecting their game.
We encourage you to request a tour of our facility, and welcome any questions you may have. For additional information about pricing and our application process, please fill out this form or call us at 706.283.6000. We look forward to hearing from you.
Below are our two membership offers. Please decide which type of player you are before purchasing. If you play once a month or less the Golf Pass will save you money. If you play on a weekly basis our Greens Pass will give you the most play for your money.
Passes can be purchased from any State Park Golf Course.
Individual Pass – $550.00
Senior Pass – $400.00
Couple Pass – $800.00
Senior Couples Pass – $600.00
Junior Greens Pass – $150.00
**Please Note: Senior is for 62 years old and older. Couples passes are good for married couples only. Junior passes are for under 17 years old only
- Unlimited Greens Fee at Arrowhead Pointe
- Walking is NOT permitted Friday through Sunday before 1:00 pm
- $18 Cart Fee
- 1 Free Cart for every 10 purchased
- 4 Complimentary Guest passes that may be used anytime
- $2 range token
- $20 reciprocal fee at most state park golf courses
- 10% off all retail at most state park golf courses
- 10% off all lodging at most state park golf courses
- Instruction - Learn To Play
Barret Johnston, PGA
Barret Johnston was born and raised in Central Pennsylvania where he grew up playing golf and basketball. After a couple years at Penn State he fell in love with the business side of golf and moved to Myrtle Beach, SC where he was a golf professional for 7 years. Barret decided to work for Billy Casper Golf and moved to the Washington DC area for a year before making his next move to eastern Florida where he was Director of Golf at Walkabout Golf Club. He has made his final and best move to the great state of Georgia and now runs the operation at Arrowhead Pointe Golf Course.
“Teaching the fundamentals that last a lifetime.”
"My goal is to enhance the enjoyment of the game by developing a solid foundation of the swing based on fundamentals and golf swing basics. Golf is an extremely difficult and intricate game and the best way to make it enjoyable is to simplify, simplify, simplify. By building a solid foundation of proper grip, aim and setup we can accomplish anything that we need to with the golf game. I believe that this game was made to be fun and relaxing. That does not happen with too many thoughts going through your head. I break the game down into simple mechanics and build from there. Golf is a game that requires both good mechanics and good touch. My goal is to get each student the correct amount of each to maximize what they get out of the game. This game is not about having the perfect swing. A few fundamentals and making your swing work for you is all you need. I am here to show you the proper fundamentals and assist you in creating a consistent ball flight to help lower scores."
- Adult 1 hour session: $50
- Junior 1 hour session: $30
- Series of 3 lessons (1 hour): $120
- Series of 3 Junior lessons (1 hour): $75
- Series of 5 Lessons: $200
The Staff at Arrowhead Pointe can help in the areas
- Full swing consistency, confidence and power.
- Short game fundamentals and secrets.
- How to practice with purpose.
- Equipment check and analysis.
- Golf course strategies.
- Golf course etiquette, terminology, and basic rules.
Call now to schedule your next lesson: (706)283-6000.
- Course Awards and Accolades
Course Awards and Accolades
Arrowhead Pointe @ Lake Richard B. Russell was named in TravelGolf.com‘s Top 10 Courses in Georgia, alongside such venerable courses as Augusta National, East Lake, TPC at Sugarloaf and Ocean Forest. Arrowhead Pointe is the only public course on the elite list.
Arrowhead Pointe was ranked #10 in Golf Advisor’s list of Top 25 courses under $50 in 2017. This list is created by customer reviews. It is a great honor to be given this ranking by the people have played out here and given their thoughts on the experience.
- Covid-19 Information
Arrowhead Pointe will continue to stay open to the public however we are taking many precautions to secure the safety of not only our guests but our employees. Please look below for a list of procedures and changes we have made:
- The golf shop is open to the public throughout the day
- Maximum occupancy is 6 patrons at a time
- When checking in please use stickers located on the floor throughout the shop
- Please use proper social distancing while inside and stay at least 6 feet away from all other guests and workers
- Cafe is open to the public
- All food is available in to go containers
- You may dine in or eat on the porch but please use proper social distancing at all times
- There will be no refunds on merchandise at this time
- We ask that you use the one entrance and the one exit that is provided to ensure guest safety
- All water coolers have been removed from the golf course
- Coolers have been removed from the golf carts but are being given out on an as needed basis
- The holes have been made more shallow so there is no need to pull or touch the flag stick after holing the golf ball
- You may still make tee times over GolfNow or our website but we ask that you call in to the golf shop to pay before you get here
- Carts are being disinfected each night after use
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call the golf shop at 706-283-6000.