Birthday parties can be reserved at FD Roosevelt State Park. We offer two different types of birthday party packages; Pathfinder Package and Trailblazer Package. All party packages will include the use of a picnic pavilion plus picnic tables, a program of your choice, plus staff set up of the birthday banner. Please call 706-663-4858 or email us for more information or to reserve a birthday party.
Pathfinder Package (recommended for ages 4-10):
- Cost: $110
- Package fee covers birthday child, 10 additional children, and all adults. There is an additional feeof $5 per additional child for this package.
- Use of stone pavilion by Liberty Bell Pool or picnic pavilion below Lake Deleanor dam.
- Includes a 30 minute ranger-led program of your choice:
- Animals in Your Backyard – see and feel furs and learn about local animals, then have a meet and greet with a live snake that calls FDR State Park home
- Ready, Aim, Shoot! – learn to shoot floating targets out of the air with our very own inflatable archery workshop
- Salamander Meander – join a park ranger on a stream exploration, searching for salamanders, crayfish, and other aquatic critters
- Use of stone pavilion by Liberty Bell Pool ONLY
- Wilderness Trek – join a park ranger on a wilderness hike where you will get to explore the park looking for plants, fungus, and evidence of animals in their natural habitat
Trailblazer Package (recommended for ages 8+):
- Cost: $210
- Package fee covers birthday child, 10 additional children, and all adults. There is an additional fee of $15 per additional child for this package.
- Use of picnic pavilion below Lake Deleanor dam ONLY.
- Includes a 60-minute ranger-led program of your choice:
- Kayaking & Canoeing – spend some time paddling around our lake during this introductory paddling workshop
- Archery – learn the basic techniques of archery on a recurve bow in this introductory archery workshop
Q: How early in advance do I need to book our birthday party?
A: We require a minimum of one month’s notice to schedule your birthday party. However, our calendars can fill up quickly, so we recommend the sooner the better.
Q: When is payment due?
A: A full payment of the party amount is due at the time of booking in order to reserve your date. Payments can be made over the phone utilizing a credit/debit card or in person. All checks must be made payable to FD Roosevelt State Park.
Q: Who will be leading the program for my child’s party?
A: One of professionally trained Interpretive Rangers will be leading the program of your choice for your child’s party.
Q: What if I want a ranger-led activity not listed?
A: Other ranger-led activities will be determined in a case-by-case basis depending on availability, materials, cost, and season. Email us or call 706-663-4858 and ask for the Interpretive Ranger for any inquiries.
For any questions, visit the Park Office or call us at 706.663.4858.