The equestrian area features trails of various lengths up to 24 miles. Open to hikers on weekdays only. Bicycles are not allowed. A gated entrance allows secured access. In addition to the trails this area includes paved parking, campsites with water and electricity, a bathroom with hot showers, and a large horse riding ring. A negative equine infectious anemia test must be presented prior to riding any state park trail.
There is a horse riding fee of $12 per rider.
Rules for Equestrian Trails
- Ride only during daylight, between dawn and sunset.
- Do not ride on roadways or any other area that is not clearly identified for equestrians.
- Do not ride in a fast or reckless manner.
- Attend horses at all times.
- Ride no more than 2 abreast on trails.
- Do not graze horses.
- Do not ride horses into the campground.
For any questions, visit the Nature Center or call us at 706.557.3001.