"Located near historic Savannah, Georgia, Skidaway Island State Park boasts miles of spectacular nature trails that wind through lush maritime forest and pristine salt marshes where visitors can see tangible reminders of its cultural and natural history and experience the wildlife and impactful scenery of this significant barrier island."
Located near historic Savannah, this park borders Skidaway narrows, a part of Georgia’s Intracoastal Waterway. Trails wind through maritime forest and past salt marsh, leading to a boardwalk and observation tower. Visitors can watch for deer, fiddler crabs, raccoon, egrets and other wildlife.
A scenic campground is nestled under live oaks and Spanish moss, and some RV sites have sewer hookups. Leashed pets are allowed. Groups can enjoy privacy in their own pioneer campgrounds. Open-air picnic shelters and an enclosed group shelter are popular spots for parties, reunions and other celebrations. For cooling off during summer, Tybee Island's beaches are less than an hour away.
The park’s camper cabins offer screened porches, air conditioning, a bathroom with shower, kitchen, master bedroom and kids’ sleeping loft. Outside, visitors will find a picnic table, grill and fire ring. Pets are not allowed in camper cabins but are allowed in campsites.
Reservations, Accommodations & Facilities
- 588 Acres
- 3 Camper Cabins
- 87 Tent, Trailer & RV Campsites
- 3 Yurts
- 3 Pioneer Campgrounds (Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.) — groups of 10+ only
- 5 Picnic Shelters (Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- 1 Group Shelter (seats 150. Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- 2 Playgrounds
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment
- Visitor Center
- Wi-Fi — available in the park office
Things To Do & See
- Birding — Colonial Coast Birding Trail
- Hiking — 6 miles of trails
- Interpretive Programs
- Weddings — park approval required
- Bicycle Rentals - $6 per hour
- Fort McAllister State Park
- Fort Morris State Historic Site
- Golden Isles of Georgia
- Old Fort Jackson
- Savannah, GA
- Richmond Hill, GA
- UGA Marine Education Center & Aquarium
- Tybee Island
- Wormsloe State Historic Site
- Ossabaw Island WMA
- Richmond Hill WMA