Recreation opportunities and rich local history greet travelers to Jack Hill State Park, a small-town getaway located on the iconic Southeast Georgia Wiregrass and Woodpecker Trails and close to the ancient flowing waters of the Ohoopee and Altamaha Rivers.
This southeast Georgia park is a favorite for picnicking, family reunions and golf. Picnic tables and shelters surround a small lake where visitors can rent aquacycles and fishing boats during warmer months. Docks are available for anglers, and children will enjoy looking for beaver dams from the observation deck. Ten rental cottages face the golf course, all with screened porches, fireplaces and televisions.
The park’s Brazell’s Creek Golf Course offers a pro shop and junior/senior discounts. The course was expanded to 18 holes a few years ago, making it a challenging—yet fun—test of golf. The Par 71 layout plays to just under 7,000 yards from the tips, boasting five sets of tees. The signature 17th hole is a 207-yard Par 3, which plays over scenic wetlands to a large island green. A 1,500 yard winding bridge connects the original holes with the back nine.
In 2020, the park was renamed from Gordonia-Alatamaha to Jack Hill, honoring the late Georgia senator who did much for the community. Hill was instrumental in bringing many facilities to the park, including its group shelter, cabins, splash pad, expanded golf course and more.
Reservations, Accommodations & Facilities
- 662 Acres
- 12 Acre Lake
- 10 Cottages
- 29 Tent, Trailer & RV Campsites
- 1 Walk-In Campsite
- 4 Picnic Shelters (Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- 1 Group Shelter (seats 80. Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- Splash Pad — seasonal, party rentals
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment
- Wi-Fi — available in the park office & golf course clubhouse
Things To Do & See
- Boating — private boats permitted, electric motors only
- Hiking — 1-mile nature trail
- Miniature Golf (fee)
- Weddings — park approval required
- Boat Rental
- Kayak, Stand-Up Paddleboard & Aquacycle Rental
- Center for Wildlife Education
- George L. Smith State Park
- Georgia Southern University
- Little Ocmulgee State Park & Lodge + Golf Course
- Statesboro, GA
- Bullard Creek WMA
- Evans County PFA