"Experience adventurous waters, a relaxing campground and diverse ecosystems through recreation and learning at Reed Bingham State Park, where you can marvel at nature’s beauty and enjoy quiet tranquility."
A 375 acre lake is popular with boaters and skiers, and fishing for bass, crappie, catfish and bream is excellent. Paddlers can rent canoes and kayaks to explore this beautiful lake lined with fragrant water lilies and tupelo trees. Guided pontoon boat tours are sometimes offered during events. The beachside pavilion, picnic shelters and group shelters are scenic spots for parties, reunions and other celebrations. Reed Bingham is less than six miles from I-75, making it a relaxing stop for travelers. It was named for Amos Reed Bingham who was instrumental in having the park established.
Visitors to this pretty park usually see abundant wildlife, including species such as gopher tortoises, yellow bellied sliders and indigo snakes. Nesting bald eagles are often seen in winter. American alligators are often seen sunning along the lake’s edge. During winter, thousands of “buzzards,” actually black vultures and turkey vultures, roost in the trees and soar overhead. Nearly 80 percent of the Coastal Plain’s plant community can be found along the park’s Coastal Plain Nature Trail, making this park’s habitat some of the most diverse in the country.
Reservations, Accommodations & Facilities
- 1,613 Acres
- 375 Acre Lake
- 46 Tent, Trailer & RV Campsites — site-specific
- 1 Pioneer Campground
- 1 Primitive Paddle-In Island Campsite — sleeps 30, boat required, boat rentals available
- 7 Picnic Shelters
- 4 Group Shelters (seats 50–120)
- 1 Beach Pavilion
- Sand Beach
- 3 Boat Ramps
- 2 Fishing Docks
Things To Do & See
- Biking — 7 miles of trails
- Boating — private boats permitted
- Hiking — 7 miles of trails
- Interpretive Programs
- Miniature Golf (fee)
- Park Paddlers Club
- Pontoon Boat Tours (fee) — call for schedule
- Bike & Street Strider Rental
- Boat Rental
- Canoe & Kayak Rental
- Albany, GA
- Banks Lake National Wildlife Refuge
- Flint RiverQuarium
- Georgia Museum of Agriculture and Historic Village
- Georgia Veterans State Park & Lodge + Golf Course
- Jefferson Davis Memorial State Historic Site
- Moultrie Antique Trail
- Paradise Public Fishing Area
- SAM Shortline Excursion Train
- Sunbelt Agricultural Expo (October)
- Doerun Pitcher Plant Bog WMA
- Paradise PFA
Park 7 a.m.–10 p.m.
Office 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fees & Passes
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
542 Reed Bingham Road
Adel, GA 31620
N 31.161633 | W -083.538933