» Hiking Notice:
› Ranger-led guided hikes are required to access the mountain itself.
› For animals' safety, pets are not allowed on certain trails at Panola Mountain.
"Home to a rare, pristine monadnock, Panola Mountain State Park provides you an oasis near Metro Atlanta to play, unwind, learn or discover the diverse natural and cultural heritage of the piedmont region."
Just 15 minutes from Atlanta is a recreational haven for all ages and interests. Visitors can picnic while children work off energy on the playground. The park offers archery, geocaching, orienteering, birding and tree-climbing programs. A paved trail is open for biking, roller blading, jogging and dog-walking, while forested fitness trails are open for hiking and running.
Panola Mountain is a 100-acre granite outcrop similar to Stone Mountain, but smaller and much more pristine. Park visitors will see the outcrop and its rare ecosystem just as Native Americans did centuries ago. Reservations are required for ranger-led hikes that teach about the rare plants and animals found in this habitat.
Panola Mountain State Park is the crown jewel of the Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area, one of only three National Heritage Areas in the state. The park’s unusual natural beauty and intriguing cultural changes are the basis for this special recognition. Over the years, this area has been home to early settlers, immigrant rock cutters, freed slaves and even Trappist monks. Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area is a partnership among the state of Georgia, DeKalb, Henry and Rockdale counties, the Monastery of the Holy Spirit, and numerous communities and public-private partners. Panola has also been designated a National Natural Landmark.
Reservations, Accommodations & Facilities
- 1,635 Acres
- 2 Lakes
- 4 Picnic Shelters
- 1 Event Room (seats 50) — call park to reserve
- Alexander Lake Pavilion
- 5 Primitive Campsites (currently unavailable due to construction)
- Nature Center
- Gift Shop
Things To Do & See
- Archery — Archery Range Information (fee - annual pass available)
- Biking — PATH Trail
- Bouldering — permit required
- Hiking — 25 miles of trails, PATH Trail
- Interpretive Programs
- Muddy Spokes Club
- Tree Climbing
- Weddings — park approval required
- Bike Rental ($10/hour)
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment
- Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area
- Atlanta, GA
- Conyers, GA
- Hard Labor Creek State Park & Golf Course
- Henry County
- High Falls State Park
- Indian Springs State Park
- Stone Mountain Park
- Sweetwater Creek State Park
- Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center, Clybel WMA, & Marben PFA
- Walton Public Dove Field & Hatchery
In The News
- Panola Mountain State Park & 10+ Superb Outdoor Adventures - 365 Atlanta Traveler
- Panola Mountain State Park: 5 ways to climb a tree like a boss - 365 Atlanta Traveler<
Due to the popularity of our programs, all require advanced registration. Call to schedule a private event for your group.
Park 7 a.m.–Dark
Office 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fees & Passes
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
2620 Highway 155 SW
Stockbridge, GA 30281
N 33.623400 | W -084.172800